Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shmuel's Point of View (Introduction to the book: The Boy in The Striped Pyjamas

"He...Hell...Hello", I hesitated. "Hello", said the chubby boy approaching the wired fence I sat next to. "What's your name", he asked. "Shmuel", I answered, shyly. Still wishing I could shake his hand like real gentlemen,, like my papa would say. "What is yours?". "Bruno", the boy said loudly. (I personally thought he was a bit too loud.). "I've never heard anyone named Shmuel before", he chuckled. "And I have never heard anyone named Bruno before!" I said disgusted and slightly angry, because I thought my name was absolutely normal. "I am an explorer," Bruno said proudly. I thought he was way too young to be an explorer, but thought that's probably what he would like to become when he grew up. If he grew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment