Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Black Void

I called this story the black void because there were a lot of relationships with the color black, and this void was totally endless. I expected that the person with the black dot would leave the community to keep it simple and small. Because the lottery gave me a feeling of that it wasn’t nice, it made me think that people would leave the “village”. I really wanted to know how this cruel thing was going to end, but I also didn’t want to read it because I expected it to be ugly. I totally followed the instructions because I opened it the day afterwards. I hoped not to get the black dot because in the story it was a bad thing so I thought it would be bad in our world too.

After all the tension with the black box the lottery itself came and the box was the most important thing in the story for a while and the tension created by the pieces of paper made this very scary and un-expecting. When I read the end of the story I was very thrilled and thought it was a totally mad story when I did like it in the beginning. My predictions weren’t correct, but were pretty close so I felt proud for coming pretty close. If the author would have described more about the stones it would have easily made sense in very less seconds.

Leaving a void in this story created our tension and questioning after a while, because it totally didn’t make sense with so many voids cramped up together, which made a big void, and made it pretty weird.

This big void created a lot of power, which made us all question and want to keep on knowing something, which creates frustration and when frustration is created it is a lot of power I may say.

No comments:

Post a Comment