Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Name



“The Name of the Sea”, the name that is un-occupied. I rarely find anyone else with this strong name. The definition of salt, the elegant way to work. The Portuguese name that is used by the thinkers.

This may seem a little strange, but these are the Portuguese meanings of the name; Sal. When we are talking English, it is hard to pronounce and explain. Some people pronounce it is as Saawwwll… which I don’t appreciate too much, but which I do understand. Although where I come from, it is pronounced and understood. De Nederlanden, also know as The Netherlands, Holland. When I talk to you about the Portuguese, you might wonder what it has to do with Holland; well, I’ll tell you how this came to be: My mother has lived in Portugal from quite some time. When she was there, she discovered about this name, and that it meant salt. The name also comes from the smart King Salomon.

The short, simply tough name, that is always nice to know about. I the one who belongs to the sea, the Portuguese salt, is also called Sal.

1 comment:

  1. Short but sweet! Very pleasing - lots of voice, thoughtful and descriptive. Well done.

    ReplyDelete